Scrambling is the middle ground between hiking and mountaineering. It offers access to incredible wilderness summits without using ropes or advanced climbing techniques. In this guide, experienced hikers and mountaineers will find a wide range of route difficulties, from trails leading to summits, to challenging snow and rock ascents. Explore the spectacular peaks of the rugged Coast Mountains of Southwest British Columbia!
• 120 route descriptions
• 320 pages
• Day trips, weekend trips and multi-day outings
• Information on 11 huts with nearby scrambles
• Detailed access descriptions, including road mileages and GPS waypoints for important junctions
• Over 240 route photos shot during ascent and from the air
• Routes near Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Gold Bridge, Chilliwack and Hope
The book is not for sale at this time. If you are interested in purchasing a copy at some point in the future please use the contact form to be placed on a wait list.
PLEASE BE CONSERVATIVE WHILE SCRAMBLING.
SCRAMBLING CAN BE DANGEROUS.
Also by Matt Gunn
The Spearhead Backcountry Atlas is a comprehensive photographic guide to terrain in the Whistler Blackcomb backcountry, an area that offers an incredible effort-to-reward ratio for both day trips and multi-day traverses. The atlas covers all areas of the Spearhead in extensive detail using images, maps and route descriptions. Epic tours, classic runs and steep descents in every corner of the range are presented in an innovative, user-friendly format that will allow groups to familiarize themselves with travel options prior to visiting the area.